You tossed your cap high into the air at graduation and after four fun and memorable years, you’re a high school graduate. With college in the near future, you’re feeling excited, nervous, and a little sad too. Some of your best friends will be studying at universities hundreds of miles away from you.
Knowing that your time together will soon be cut short, you need one last chart-topping hurrah. What better way to say goodbye to your buds than to go on an unforgettable road trip? Here are a few of the best road trips to take this summer with your friends.
1. Yellow Stone National Park
Image via Flickr by DirectDish
For nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers, Yellow Stone is worth the drive out west. Located in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming, this 3,468-mile park offers exciting explorations and leisurely activities. Rent an RV and sleep among the wildlife or stay in one of the many lodges at the park. Here are some awesome things you can do at Yellowstone:
- Marvel at the site of the spectacular geysers — particularly Old Faithful. Just remember to keep your distance from the boiling waters.
- Go horseback riding through the mountains. What better way to connect with nature than to ride an animal through the beautiful mountains?
- Kayak through the pristine Yellowstone Lakes. If you love watersports, kayaking through one of America’s most famous National Parks is a necessity.
2. St. Petersburg Beach, Tampa, and Orlando, Florida
Image via Flickr by Hyku
If you’re a fan of surf and sand, visit Florida for its awesome shoreline and fun-filled cities. If you were already planning to buy or lease a new car for college, now would be a great time to head to a dealership like Hoffman Ford and scoop one up. You’ll need it for the drive between St. Petersburg, Tampa, and Orlando. Here are just a few of the cool things you can do.
- Go parasailing, deep-sea fishing, and jet skiing, just don’t forget your sunblock and your sea legs.
- Enjoy a sunset drum circle at one of the beautiful beaches. Unique to beach life, drum circles are fun gathering of drums and dancers celebrating their natural surroundings.
- Visit the nation’s best theme parks. Tampa has Busch Gardens, an African-themed zoo and theme park filled with water rides, record-breaking roller coasters and African safaris. Orlando has a plethora of theme parks including water parks, Disney parks, and Universal Studio parks.
3. Seattle, Washington
Image via Flickr by Dougtone
Seattle is an excellent city for its diverse list of things to do. Become one with nature in the nearby mountains or relish in the city’s eclectic spirit. It truly has the best of both worlds. Everyone on your trip will enjoy themselves since there’s something for everyone in this Pacific Northwest area. Here are several activities you should plan on doing:
- Catch a huge fish at the famous Pike Place Market. Well, the fishermen will do it for you, but you’re guaranteed a fresh dinner when you shop at this famous fish market.
- Get out of the country and take a ferry to Canada for the day. Just remember to bring your passport to visit this neighboring country.
- Take the three-hour trip to Mount Rainer and hike through its trails. Stretch your legs and test your mountaineering skills as you hike through these beautiful green mountains and volcanos.
4. New York City, New York
Image via Flickr by snorepey
You know about its iconic prestige, you’ve heard about the fantastic Broadway shows, delicious cuisine and exciting sightseeing tours, and you’ve wanted to go for as long as you can remember. It’s time to round-up your friends and make the drive to the Big Apple. There are so many things to do in this magical city but here are some suggestions for your first visit:
- Take a ferry to Liberty and Ellis Islands. A trip to New York City, New York is not complete without a visit to the Statue of Liberty.
- Go on a bicycling tour or take a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park. Chose to circle the park and take in the scenery, or visit the zoo inside the park.
- Watch a show on Broadway. Known for its theatrical brilliance, Broadway presents some of the most famous live musicals. Even if you’re not a fan, you may become one after seeing a show on Broadway.
What are you waiting for? Pack your bags, find a reliable car, and set off on an incredible trip you’ll never forget.