So you have been skiing since the days when you were a teenager and naturally love the sport more than anything else. And this winter you have an intense intention to plan a winter ski vacation with your family. While the plan sounds to be interesting enough, on a serious note, you might be facing some problems. Skiing with your kids is not really something as enjoyable as it seems to be else while. But… as they very rightly say, if you can plan it right, then every single impossible task turns out to be absolutely possible and that too quite smoothly! So here I have jotted down 5 essential tips that will help you to keep your family happy while on a winter ski vacation; take a quick look –
- Stay near the mountains – Though you will find a lot of luxurious accommodations, located not so close to the mountain, it is advised to choose those which are quite near to the hills. Trust me it turns out to be a serious problem to get out your kids in the snow. Hence if you choose to stay somewhere near the slopes, it is likely that you’ll have to face lesser problems and everybody will be happy in the family. It is also important to choose slope side accommodations as this allows you to have the lunch in your own kitchen or to change the diaper of your baby, when needed.
- Look out for the right gear rental – Yes it’s true that buying the quality outfits and all the necessary equipments for skiing for the entire family costs you a lot and that’s why you just need to look for gear rental services and book the ski boards ahead of time. Rent acar to visit the local ski shops and find out who is providing what.
- Opt for a half day ski – If you have kids with you, many of whom may be going for a ski for the first time in their life, it is wiser to opt for the half day ski packages. Because you never know whether they are competent enough for a whole day ski program. If your kids are not ready to get out of the beds too early, start out late. If all of you are early risers start in the morning and ski till the lunch. Take enough rest, enjoy some indoor games by the fireplace, and if the resort offers night ski as well, head out to hit the slopes again after the dinner.
- Be flexible with the ski dates – While booking the tickets, make sure that you are given the option to choose the dates on which you would like to go for the ski. You can face a terrible weather, any of your family members may get sick, and the worst – your kids may suffer from mood swings – so it’s always wiser to be flexible with the dates of the ski.
- Take a day to rest – Most of the ski resorts offer different types of entertainments like snowshoeing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, ice climbing and various other festivals. So take a day to enjoy these different fun and frolics and make your vacation even more special.
Author’s Bio: Adam Wilson is an avid traveler. He also owns a renowned vehicle rental company (Xceed Car Rental Inc.). In this article, she offers some handy tips to have fun while on a winter skiing holiday.