The Riviera Maya’s coastline stretches from Cancun to Tulum. Snorkeling and kayaking are best in the bays. Akumal has two beaches, Half Moon Bay and main beach at Akumal Bay and is one of the best beaches around. Playa del Carmen has grown tremendously in recent years, the beach has resorts and beach clubs along the shore ant the northern end. There are several other beaches like Paamul, Playacar, Puerto Aventuras, Puerto Morelos, Sian Ka’an, SolimanBay, TankahBay, Tulum, Xcacel and Xpu-ha
There are four resorts that specifically market themselves as “nude” resorts, or tolerant of nudity resorts
- Desires south of Cancun
- Hidden Beach Resort in Kantenah
- Playa Sonrisa in Xcalak
- Cabanas Copal in Tulum
- CapitalCity:Mexico City
- Population: 106 million
- Area: 762,000 square miles
- Telephone Calling Code(s): 52
WHAT TO SEE
- Mayan World
- Marine Natural Park “Reefs of Puerto Morelos”
- Mayan caves in Aktun Chen.
- Biosphere Reserve of SianKa’an.
- Coba (ancient maya culture )
THINGS TO DO
- Snorkel in the Xel-Ha world largest natural aquarium.
- “La Quinta Avenida” of Playa del Carmen and enjoy the wide variety of bars, restaurants and shops.
- Discover a Mayan village.
- Mayan treatment in one of the multiples Spa’s in Riviera Maya.
- RivieraMaya Jazz Festival
- Ecology/Adventure tour
WHEN TO GO
Mid-December to Easter is the Peak season for holidays in Riviera Maya, especially Semana Santa, the holy week before Easter. Late June, July, and August is off season suitable for budget travelers.
Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen) is located 52 km north from Cancun international Airport.
You can rent a car from Cancun Airport, another options is there is also private cab service to the region. Also ADO provides bus service from the airport to Playa del Carmen. The frequency of bus to Playa del Carmen is every hour from 10:30 am to 9:30 pm. There are also frequent bus services along Mexico 307.
Several Other companies operate shuttle service between Cancun and Tulum with stops at several spots
Riviera Maya Tourism Board
Main Tourism Board office:
Carretera 307 at Calle 28
Tel: 52 984 206 3150
Tel: 877 746 6292 (from theU.S.)